All too often, workers’ compensation claims are aggressively denied. Many claimants who have tried to secure benefits know this firsthand. The claims are myriad. It may be claimed that you were not injured on the job, or that you were behaving improperly, or even illegally.
Other common workers’ compensation defenses include:
- Willful employee misconduct
- An employee’s attempt to injure another
- Willful failure to properly take advantage of a safety appliance
- Willful failure to perform duties required by statute
- Intoxication or impairment by intoxicant during the time of accident
- Disability or injury caused in part by undisclosed pre-existing medical condition
- Failure to timely report an accident
Only if you were questioned about pre-existing conditions prior to employment can the “failure to disclose” denial arise.
If you have been denied a workers’ compensation claim, it is all the more important to work with a skilled lawyer. We are ready to bring more than 20 years of experience to work on your case.
Bettendorf Denied Benefits Attorneys
We are prepared to aggressively advocate on your behalf to obtain any benefits to which you are entitled if you or a loved one has been injured at work. This means we are more than ready to refute any frivolous denials or other attempts to deny benefits. We will aggressively advocate in your best interest and rebut any unfounded defense in an attempt to deny you benefits.
To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss a work injury claim in or near Davenport with one of our Davenport workers’ compensation claim denial attorneys, call 563-441-1616 or email Soper Leddin Law Firm, P.C.